Tips for Copying an Update to a Portable Device
1. Saving to a USB device or SD card - Save the update file(s) in the Root directory of your portable device
- We are not responsible for portable device-related issues during an update
- When choosing to update your Navigation system using the Navigation Updater,
saving the updates directly to a portable USB device removes the need to transfer the files from your hard disk drive
SD Card and USB device
1. Select a USB device for the update (if applicable)
Recommended Type of USB Device
- The stability of the upgrade depends upon having a good device connection. Devices with contact wear should not be used.
Use a good quality thumb drive.
2. Select an SD card for the update: recommended specifications
1) A high-quality SD card is recommended for updates
- Using a normal SD card can result in low connection stability and may compromise the data transfer
2) Recommended Specifications when Using a Normal SD Card
- SD Card storage space has to be more than 32G, Speed level should be more than UHS-I
SD Card Recommended Specifications