Last updated: 13 May 2019
“Hyundai” means Hyundai Motors New Zealand Limited and any associated company, including Hyundai AutoEver, Inc and their officers and employees thereof, and/or any applicable Hyundai Dealers as relevant.
“Hyundai Dealers” are companies that are authorised to operate Hyundai dealerships.
Hyundai Dealers are independent business entities separate to Hyundai Motors New Zealand Limited. Hyundai Dealers are responsible for their own privacy policies and privacy practices and may have their own privacy policies that are different to this one.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Hyundai requires certain personal information about the purchaser of each Hyundai motor vehicle. This is required by the Land Transport Safety Authority so that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer.
Hyundai collects personal information that you provide to us directly, or Hyundai may also collect your personal information through promotions, competitions and consumer queries including queries made online through Hyundai’s website, and through your browsing of our website.
The information we collect from you may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for vehicles;
- information about your Hyundai vehicle, if applicable, including any service and repair history;
- your demographics and interests;
- details of any prizes you may have won;
- a record of any queries you have made, including requests for test drives and vehicle servicing;
- details of your drivers’ licence, if you take a Hyundai vehicle for a test drive; and
- your financial information if you are seeking to obtain finance for the purchase of a Hyundai vehicle, and the details of any subsequent lending.
We record all telephone calls made to, and by, our call center. We use telephone call recordings:
- for staff training purposes to help us improve the quality of our customer service;
- to measure the relevancy and success of our marketing and to optimise campaigns;
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call which may be needed if there is a dispute.
If we are unable to collect sufficient personal information from you we may not be able to provide you with the full benefit of the Hyundai website or Hyundai’s services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Hyundai collects personal information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Hyundai, its vehicle models, reminders for servicing, safety, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
- to reward you for being a loyal Hyundai customer;
- to inform you of Hyundai vehicle models and information we think you might be interested in;
- to approve transactions you wish to make;
- to confirm your identity;
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make; and
- for staff training purposes.
However, we will only contact you by email or text message with marketing material where you have provided your express opt-in consent to receiving marketing messages.
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Hyundai is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. In order for Hyundai to provide services to you, personal information is held by Hyundai’s associated companies in accordance with this policy.
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Hyundai holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information contact Hyundai’s Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hyundai does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Hyundai outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For the purpose of providing services to Hyundai and to you, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our associated companies;
- Hyundai Dealers and/or Hyundai Motors New Zealand Limited as applicable;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as research, mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers; and
- government or statutory authorities.