1. General Information
Hyundai Motor Co., (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) protects personal information and interests of users by complying with relevant personal information protection regulations such has the Personal Information Protection act. In addition, we have the following personal information processing policy so that we can smoothly handle user’s grievances related to personal information.
2. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The company collects personal information for the use of a vehicle navigation terminal (navigation, audio/video, Bluetooth, etc.) 1:1 reply and inquiry. The collected personal information will not be used for any purpose other than what was approved by the company. If the purpose of use is changed, we will implement necessary measures such as obtaining separate consent in accordance with relevant lawsand regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Act.
3. Items of personal information to be collected and how to collect them
1) collected Items
Vehicle information inquiry, author’s vehicle information (model name, date of shipment), e-mail address, 1:1 contents(title, contents, contents when attaching files, etc.)
2) How to collect personal information
Homepage (http://update.hyundai.com/kr/index.mms) 1:1 when using inquiry service, the author fills in the information field.
4. Retention and Use of PersonalInformation
1) The company handles and retains personal information within the period of retention and use of personal information in accordance with laws and regulations, or during the retention and use of personal information agreed upon when collecting persona linformation from information subjects.
2) In principle, all personal information collected is retained and used from the time the 1:1 inquiry is received until the end of the 1:1 response. However, if there is or is a possibility of a complaint/dispute related to this 1:1 inquiry, it will beheld and used until the end of the complaint/dispute.
3) The company destroys the personal information without delay when the personal information becomes unnecessary, such as the elapse of the personal information retention period and achievement of the purpose of processing.
5. Personal information processing consignment
The company entrusts some of the tasks necessary for the provision of services to external companies, and through compliance contracts, etc., compliance with laws and regulations related to the personal information protection, confidentiality of personal information, and provision of third parties, in case of accident. We regulate the consignment, and the obligation to return or destroy personal information after termination of processing and managing it to comply with it.
Personal Information Processing Trustees
Content of Entrusted Work
Hyundai MnSoft, KTCS
Respond to 1:1 inquiries regarding map downloads and updates.
Navigation route navigation and guidance, error and other 1:1 inquiry response.
Hyundai MOBIS, LG Electronics, Harman
Navigation audio / video and Bluetooth
1:1 inquiries related to system function
※ The list of consigned companies may change depending on the servicechange and contract period. We will notify you in advance through notices.
6. Measures to secure the safety of personal information
※ Technical/Administrative Protection Measures for personal information
In order to ensure the safety of the personal information in order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration of damage of personal information, the following measures are applied.
1) Technical Measures
① Encryption of customer information
Valuable personal information of customers are encrypted and store in the DB so that even if itis leaked by external intrusion, the customer’s personal information cannot beutilized
② encrypted communication section.
We take measures to ensure that the customer’s information is safely transmitted through SSL for the section where the customer enters and sends customer information when registering or logging in through the homepage.
③ Installation of Security Solutions
In order to provide service and safely manage customer’s information, we perform personal information processing system checks, and apply DB encryption solution and screen capture prevention solution. In addition, an intrusion prevention detection system is installed inpreparation for external intrusion such as hacking, and monitoring is providedfor hacking and external intrusion through the integrated security control center
2) Administrative measures
① Establish a Personal Information Management System
In order to safely manage personal information, we have established and operated a personal information management system internally.
② Operation of the Personal Information Protection Committee
By forming a committee meeting at least twice a year and make efforts to improve and correct matters such as the operation ofthe personal information storage system and personal information protection issues.
③ Personal Information Handler Management
We receive personal data protection pledges for personal information handlers who process customer’s personal information and conduct personal information protection training at least twice a year to ensure the importance and safety of customer information. IN addition, through the management of the authority of the personal information processor, we minimize access and exposure of unnecessary customers’ personal information.
7. Personal Information Protection Officer
1) The company protects the personal information of customers and processes only the attachments related to personal information. We are also in charge of designating the responsible department and personal information protection manager.
- Personal information protection officer name:
- Privacy officer name:
2) When a customer raises an opinion or complaint about the company’s personal information handling matters to the above customer service department or personal information protection officer, the company willpromptly and faithfully take action.
3) If you need to report or consult about other personal information infringement, please contact the following organizations
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center (operated by Korean Internet &Security Agency): privacy.kisa.or.kr / (without area code)118
- Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center: www.spo.go.kr / 02-3480-3573
- National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center: www.netan.go.kr / 1566-0112
8. Changes to the Personal Information Processing policy
1) If the company changes the personal information processing policy, the reason and the changes will be notified at least 7 days in advance. The notice can be found in the notice column on the first screen of the homepage or through a separate window.
2) The policy will gointo effect on June 25, 2019.